What are the safety precautions that must always be taken before entering the Confined Space Work in order to install the floating suction inside the tank?
Sridhar Balakrishnan, Bharat Oman Refineries Limited , firstname.lastname@example.org
1) A confined space entry permit must be issued prior to work commencing and needs to be signed off by all responsible authorities.
2) Risk assessment of the space.Determining what hazards are present and the threat severity the situation can pose is essential to the safety of workers within the space .
3 )Gas detection device for the presence of toxic gases such as Carbon Monoxide (CO), Hydrogen Sulphide or combustibles hazards.
4) Oxygen content should be above the minimum requirement level.
5) Workers may require a self-contained breathing apparatus to protect them from toxic gases.
6) Adequate temporary lighting arrangements must be available during the job.
7) Must possess appropriate safe tools and equipment for the worker going inside the confined space .
7) An emergency response rescue team must be kept on standby in the event of an incident.