My question is related to the potential problems that could appear when the feedrate in a FCCU is reduced to the technical minimum (turn-down) or below.
- According to your experience, what is the minimum feedrate that can be processed in a FCCU? 60% of nominal feedrate or does anyone operated below this point?
- Which are the most likely limitations that could appear in this point?
1. Insufficient gas flow rate to the wet gas compressor?
2. Insufficient pressure or delta P in feed nozzles? Problems to obtain a suitable vaporization?
3. Insufficient coke production to close heat balance?
4. Insufficient liquid-vapour traffic in the main fractionation?
5. Any other limitation?